Thursday 1 May 2014

Putting Out Fires and Saving the Earth

I cannot believe it is almost Friday . . . and the weather hit the mid-20's today (~80 degrees F for any interested Americans)! It was so gorgeous, until the kids all came in sweating and complaining after recess. Oh well, I enjoyed the weather!

Anyway, I'm just stopping in today to talk about a few videos I found recently. The first is for the kindies (or anyone studying community). Another teacher mentioned that Youtube has quite a few episodes of Richard Scarry's Busytown, including some about firefighters. If you are studying community and have a few minutes to spare, you might want to show your kiddos The Busiest Firefighters Ever. I liked it, because it shows that firefighters help in other ways in addition to putting out fires.


This next video is kind of late (it would have been perfect for Earth Day), but I love reading this book year round, so the video could work at any time too. This original version of The Lorax is about 25 minutes long and has a look that is similar to the original How the Grinch Stole Christmas!



I found this was the perfect length to show the kids one day while they ate recess and lunch, so as not to use up class time.

Now I think I better go soak up some sun, before the weather turns back into the rainy drizzle I'm accustomed to!


No comments:

Post a Comment