Sunday 15 December 2013

25 Days of Christmas Picture Books - Day 16 (& a freebie!)

Oh how, oh how is the weekend already over? Here we are, Sunday night and I do not feel like I am ready for the week. Oh well, here we go.


So the book I've chosen for Day 16 is a new one for me, although it's actually a few years old - Merry Un Christmas by Mike Reiss. I recently got it in a Scholastic order and as I was looking through it, it seemed familiar and finally I figured out why. It's the same author-illustrator team from The Boy Who Wouldn't Share. This is a fun story and perfect for all those kids who wish they could celebrate Christmas everyday.

Via Amazon

I've created a little freebie for use with this book. Have your students use the Venn diagram to compare the holidays of Christmas and Un Christmas. Then provide them with the writing prompt so they can choose which holiday they would rather celebrate. Click {HERE} or the pictures to check the freebie out.



If you're looking for some more stuff to keep your students busy this week, click the pictures to check out some of my products:












or freebies:








Go check out Manic Monday at Classroom Freebies for more great resources!

Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

Have a great week!



2 comments:

  1. I like those writing prompts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun looking book and a great compare/contrast activity! Looks like fun!

    Andrea
    Reading Toward the Stars

    ReplyDelete