Thursday 21 February 2013

St. Patrick's Day . . . and all things green

Well this may be a little early but I think I'll talk about St. Patrick's Day. This has been on my mind because I have spent awhile updating my St. Patrick's Day unit and my updating I mean completely redoing. I don't think there was anything from the old packet that is still in the new one, and I couldn't be happier.

I've said it before and I will say it again and again. I love the fun and excitement that holidays bring into the classroom and even more than that, I like to take curriculum and make it more fun by adding the holiday element.

My St. Patrick's Day Pot o' Gold unit does have some fun activities,


but, I've also tried to incorporate some curriculum:


I'm so excited about my new (old/revised) unit and I hope students are too! Click {HERE} if you'd like to check it out. 
I had other pictures I wanted to post from the unit, but I have no idea to rotate pictures in blogger and I guess I'm too lazy to google it right now. Maybe I'll have figured it out by my next post.

To finish off, I think I'll add some more St. Patrick's Day stuff by including a few pins:
Via A Night Owl

 100 St. Patrick's Ideas - I will have to look through these soon.

Via Patties Classroom

Such a good idea for primary students.

Via Lil' Luna

I think I'll stop there. Something sweet on a holiday is practically a necessity!




No comments:

Post a Comment