Sunday 17 February 2013

Getting Back to Basics & a FREEBIE!

Well that certainly was a long hiatus from blogging, but now I'm back . . . well we'll see for how long.

I wasn't completely idle during the last few (was it two?) months. I finally completed some units I have been working on for far too long.

First up, Daily Math Bundle packs:


I have been working on these for far too long, but I am so glad I finally have the full year finished. I don't know about you but I feel like having a daily review of basic math concepts is essential for some students. I'm so happy with these packs because I have sprialled them so that they start with a review of the previous grades standards and slowly introduce the grade level standards throughout the year.

I've also added the first in a series of 2nd Grade Daily Math (any bets on how long it will take me to complete the bundle pack?):


I am working on Daily Language reviews but that is definitely a work in progress.

These units all follow along the same theme - practicing and reviewing the basics. That is what my Daily Math works on and that is also what I plan to do with my Daily Language - because students need to be able to write with proper capitalization, punctuation, and grammar.

Now for the freebie. How many times have you been trucking along in math class and ask a student to read/write/expand a number and are blown away that they don't know how to do it? I know sometimes this happens to me, and I feel awful that I have been lacking in teaching some of the basics. My Write it Out freebie will hopefully give students practice writing numbers and give teachers a quick assessment.





Click HERE to get this on TPT and non-TPT users click HERE.
I am so excited to link up with Classroom Freebies for the link-up "Manic Monday at Classroom Freebies." Make sure to go check out the link-up to find other fantastic freebies.

Classroom Freebies Manic Monday


Let me know if you enjoy the freebie, I'm off to enjoy the rest of my weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment