Thursday 24 May 2012

Scaredy Squirrel

I love how so many books have great characters to which students can relate. One of the ones I have been reading to students lately is good old Scaredy Squirrel. Not only is Scaredy such a cute little character, but I think he has a great message for students about being scared. Students do find Scaredy's tales funny, but I think they also present the perfect opportunity to discuss worries and being brave. This is especially true in the early primary grades, when so many students are beginning school/starting new things and may be dealing with some anxiety and stress.
Click the picture below to find my Scaredy Squirrel unit on TPT:



Hope you enjoy!
P.S. I would just like to mention that I am apparently not very good a cutting out things for crafts. Circles, oval, squares, doesn't seem to matter what shape, my cuts always seem a little off. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to practice over the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment