Wednesday 9 May 2012

Knuffle Bunny - A Teacher's Tale

"Boys and girls, I have a confession to make. I LOVE books. I LOVE reading." This is what I always tell the students. Part of me says it because it is 100% true, and part of me says it because, well, I want to be a good role model of a reader and inspire the students to love books too. One day I gave this introduction, then read the students this book:

Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Tale
Good old Knuffle Bunny. As I read, I oohed and aahed over the interesting illustrations, and quite a few students joined me. Of course, at the back of the carpet, there were a few wiggly boys who didn't seem to care at all about poor Trixie and her beloved Knuffle Bunny. I ended the reading as I normally do, reminding students that if they want to read about Trixie on their own, they can find in the school library. Well imagine my surprise when a few days later, as I'm helping one wiggly boy zip up his backpack, I see Knuffle Bunny poking out from behind his lunchkit. He had picked it out from the school library all on his own. Maybe he had been listening, despite his wiggliness. It was definitely great to see.



 
P.S. I'm hoping to have my Knuffle Bunny unit up soon to go along with my Pigeon Pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment