Friday 11 May 2012

Ahhh Sweet, Sweet Summer

I don't know what it is, but every year around April and May, I suddenly get in full summer mode. As soon as the weather starts to get warmer, and the sun comes peeking out, I just want to pack up and head off to the beach. Keep in mind though, when I say "head off to the beach" I don't mean actually go in the water. It's been years since I've actually been swimming a lake, river, or ocean, it is always way toooo cold for me. So when I say go to the beach, I mean sit out in the sun, most likely with a book or magazine.
Anyways, the point of my rambling is that I completely understand why students suddenly have a hard time focusing at this time of year. I'm right there with them. I love learning, but who doesn't want to go outside in the bright, warm, sunshine, rather than sit in the dull, chilly classroom, no matter how fun and exciting I try and make it seem.
Can I also point how jealous I am of all those bloggers who are counting down the days until school is out. Days? DAYS? I've still got almost TWO months! I know, so sad.
To keep those students, hopefully, focused on something slightly academic, I've come up with a couple freebies for summer. Check out my Summer Vacation Mini Pack or my Summer Writing Prompts if you need some fun stuff for the coming days. You can also click on the pictures below to download the two packs:





Please leave me a comment if you download these freebies, feedback would be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment